Yes, yes, and yes...JDK 1.4, $JAVA_HOME is set to /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0, and Tomcat is able to compile the example jsps that come in the webserver package.

Jerry

David Ramsey wrote:

Do you have a JDK installed? Do you have a JAVA_HOME environment
variable set? Can Jasper find the java compiler (javac)?

--- Jerry Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Logs show class-not-found exception for open.jsp.

Which brings me back to my original question---what do I need to configure to let Tomcat know about this jsp?

It already knows where my webapp is and is able to serve my servlets just fine, as well as the html files that are in the same directory
as the jsp.

thanks.

Jerry

Thomas Tang wrote:

Hi all,

Do the logs give any indication as to where Tomcat is looking for

the jsp

files?

A 404 error does not sound like a permissions problem. It sounds

like a

context setting might be off somewhere.

Thomas

Jerry Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/13/2004 11:03 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> cc

Subject
Re: jsp deployment

Good suggestions, but, no, didn't work.

There are no config issues preventing Tomcat from serving files from

my

webapp---html and servlets all work. And I know Tomcat is serving

jsp

files correctly; Tomcat's default examples work.

Tomcat simply will not serve my .jsp file regardless of filetype

(tried

it as .txt). Permissions and file ownership are identical to the permissions of the Tomcat example .jsp files, which do work.

I restart Tomcat everytime I make a change.

Still get the 404 when I call the jsp, even though the html files in

the

same directory work fine, as do the servlets in the same webapp

space.

Jerry

Parsons Technical Services wrote:

Jerry,

Just for a test, change the file name to end with .txt and see if

the

page

is displayed.

If it still fails. I would double check the permissions/ownership

on that

file.

If it works, then try a restart. After a restart if it still fails,

check

your configs
for an entry that might be blocking or redirecting the request.

Just a novice throwing out ideas.

Doug Parsons
www.parsonstechnical.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Ford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>