Jose,

James, do you need the servlets to be already initialized???

Yes, and they are all defined in web.xml. The timer servlet that processes the calendars is the last to load.

Another thing to consider is that the connector between Tomcat and Apache is also set up. Because Tomcat and Apache may be completly set up, but the connector takes a little longer (at lest in my case) therefore you may get a HTTP Error.

This is what causes me HTTP 500 errors.
The servlets are in fact all instantiated, but they are just not available on port 80 until JK2 has completed whatever it does on startup.

The best thing I can think of is start the timer in a thread, and defer the thread from processing the action for a nominal duration (1/2 mins?).
Still seems like a dirty way of doing it though.

Maybe I should talk to the JK2 developers.....

Thanks

James.