: Hello,
: I want a servlet to run its init() method when I start Tomcat.  I put
: the following entry in web.xml but that doesn't do it:
: [snip]

Please, humour me: put load-on-startup after init-param. I believe
that's the order per the servlet spec.

Humour me, part 2: verify the method signature of your servlet's init().
A small typo makes the difference between overload and override...

Other than that, some details would be nice: Tomcat version, log
messages, what have you...

On an unrelated note: is there any reason you're using load-on-startup
instead of lifecycle listeners?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net