Shapira, Yoav wrote:
Howdy,

public void init(ServletConfig cf) throws ServletException {

Either override init() instead of init(ServletConfig), or call
super.init(cf) as your first line.

As the others suggested, a ServletContextListener is not a bad place to
put this time of code either.

Yoav Shapira

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.

Yoav,
I tried overriding init() and super.init(SerlvetConfig cf) as 1st line of init(ServletConfig cf) but neither worked.

I was thinnking that I should use the init() method appraoch becasue it is a connectionpool and I want to initially build the pool before the application starts to use connections. In this case is ServletContext Listener appropriate?
thanks,
Phil