I think something like this would be great - with a
site that compliments it and ties it all together.
The site is very important in the mix.  It can provide
roadmaps to answers and be a general resource.   It's
important that the newbies themselves maintain it as
well.  That way, everyone feels an ownership of the
site and it is more likely to be maintained.

-Karl