I downloaded Sun's DTD from here:

http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd

After cleaning it up (just making it readable linebreaks) I was scanning through it to
see what some of the attrributes are for the element web-app.  According to this:

<!ELEMENT web-app (icon?, display-name?, description?, distributable?,
context-param*, filter*, filter-mapping*, listener*, servlet*,
servlet-mapping*, session-config?, mime-mapping*, welcome-file-list?,
error-page*, taglib*, resource-env-ref*, resource-ref*, security-constraint*,
login-config?, security-role*, env-entry*, ejb-ref*,  ejb-local-ref*)>

one of the attrributes of this element is icon which can be 0 or 1 instance.  So I put
this in like so:

<web-app>
  <display-name>Welcome to My JSP-Files</display-name>
  <description>
     Welcome to My JSPs
  </description>
  <icon>cl6D11.ico</icon>
</web-app>

and put the icon c16D11.ico in the same folder as web.xml namely WEB-INF. (I don't
think the order matters???)

Assuming the dtd is well formed (the icon element is set up correctly in the dtd) I
expected to see the icon in the Manager for my Tomcat 4.1.29.  But I didn't for the
Webapp that corresponds to Welcome to My JSPs.  What did I do wrong?  I restarted
Tomcat but nothing no icon.

--
George Hester