No still didn't work.  Oh well I have the icon in the root of the webapp maybe what
I'm expecting is not what this really does.  I just assumed the icon would display in
the manager as display-name and description do.  One other thing I have no war in this
application.  At least none that I know of.  I made this "virtual root" by myself
under IIS Inet pub.  I sort of just popped the web.xml in a WEB-INF folder I made and
set up all this to work on port 80.  The manager is still 8080 but the web app "can"
be accessed over port 80.

--
George Hester