http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/index.html
In the getting started topic.  I do notice a blurb about web.xml in the
application developers topic stating "Covers basic organization of your
web application source tree, the structure of a web application archive,
and an introduction to the web application deployment descriptor
(/WEB-INF/web.xml)."  But I missed it when I first sent my message.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/introduction.html
This could just have a more explicit messages saying how web.xml is
define in the servlet 2.3 spec.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/source.html
Make the mention of web.xml a hotlink?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/processes.html
A bit more test around the mention of a basic web.xml.  I don't think
many people new to these config files know that you can just type in the
dtd link into a web browser and get the dtd.  It is a VERY nifty way to
get the spec for an xml file though.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/servletapi/index.html
Could this page have this type of link?

--Angus