Hi,

>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/index.html
>In the getting started topic.  I do notice a blurb about web.xml in the
>application developers topic stating "Covers basic organization of your
>web application source tree, the structure of a web application
archive,
>and an introduction to the web application deployment descriptor
>(/WEB-INF/web.xml)."  But I missed it when I first sent my message.

OK, so I'll ignore this one since it's there.

>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/introduction.htm
>This could just have a more explicit messages saying how web.xml is
>define in the servlet 2.3 spec.

It doesn't get much clearer than the second bullet point under "Links"
here: "you will need this document to understand the web application
directory structure and deployment file (Chapter 9), methods of mapping
request URIs to servlets (Chapter 11), container managed security
(Chapter 12), and the syntax of the web.xml Web Application Deployment
Descriptor (Chapter 13)."

>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/source.html
>Make the mention of web.xml a hotlink?

Added a link to the servlet specification.

>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/processes.html
>A bit more test around the mention of a basic web.xml.  I don't think
>many people new to these config files know that you can just type in
the
>dtd link into a web browser and get the dtd.  It is a VERY nifty way to
>get the spec for an xml file though.

Added link to Servlet Specification there as well.

>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/servletapi/index.html
>Could this page have this type of link?

Yes, if you ask the Servlet Specification committee (JSR 154 Expert
Group).

Note that my changes were applied to the latest version of the above
files in CVS (i.e. the tomcat 5 files) and will not be visible on
jakarta.apache.org until the next tomcat release.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.