Jim Beard wrote:
I work with a rather large and comlex web application. We have been hosting the application with Jakarta Tomcat for a while now. I am working on upgrading our environment to 5.0.18.
Does this sound like a good idea? I notice several people are still talking about configuring new 4.0 installs. Is 5.0 stable enough?

It should be stable enough, but then again it really depends on *your* webapp. Testing is the key.

My main problem however, is that my web.xml file for my web application behaves differently in the two versions. The web.xml file validates against the 2.2 DTD not the 2.3 ( or 2.4 now? ). In my old set up I have not needed to state each servlet that will be addressed. Now it seems as if this may be required for 5.0.

It looks like you are still using the invoker. Its evil: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#invoker But the servlet 2.4 is mostly compatible with 2.3 and 2.2.

-Tim