From: Keith Hyland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 11:03 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Internationalization problem

Hi,

I'm testing some japanese characters in my app and I'm getting some
strange behaviour.

japanese characters that are in the jsp page get displayed correctly.

However characters that get displayed through the <fmt:message> tag get
corrupted.

I have set the -Dfileencoding="UTF-8" in my catalina.bat
(CATALINA_OPTS), and set the

<head>

at the op of my jsp page.

Is there something I have to do to my resource properties file?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Keith

Is there something el