Well, it [mod_proxy] works for now, maybe someone else, brave man, will try to solve that problem :).

Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:

I meant to say ./configure producing a makefile;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiannis Mavroukakis Sent: 10 March 2004 14:43
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: mod_jk2 problems

Well great, you took the httpd sources, got the library out of them but your
httpd is probably running a binary which was not compiled against the sources you just used
:). I found that the following makefile works well for RH9
./configure -C --prefix=/etc/httpd --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin
--sbindir=/usr/sbin --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib
--sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf --includedir=/usr/include/httpd
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/httpd/modules --datadir=/var/www --with-mpm=prefork
--enable-suexec --with-suexec --with-suexec-caller=apache
--with-suexec-docroot=/var/www
--with-suexec-logfile=/var/log/httpd/suexec.log
--with-suexec-bin=/usr/sbin/suexec --with-suexec-uidmin=500
--with-suexec-gidmin=500 --with-devrandom --with-ldap --enable-ldap
--enable-auth-ldap --enable-cache --enable-disk-cache --enable-mem-cache
--enable-ssl --with-ssl --enable-deflate --enable-cgid --enable-proxy
--enable-proxy-connect --enable-proxy-http --enable-proxy-ftp
--enable-mods-shared=all

This was gleaned from the RH9 httpd rpm installer (I needed to install
httpd2 on RH7.3 and was getting annoyed by RH's _stupid_
dependency issues).

-----Original Message----- From: Vi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 10 March 2004 14:23 To: Tomcat Users List Subject: Re: mod_jk2 problems

Thanks for answer!

Yes, but I don't want to risk with the reinstallation! I have a very important server running.
When I was compiling mod_jk2 I encountered that a lib was missing ( I forgot the name ),
the link in /usr/lib was there but the file to which it was pointing wasn't. What I did is, I took
httpd sources, compiled them, found that .so that was missing in /usr/lib, and copied it there,
it compiled well, but can't load. Is there any util to see all symbols of library?

Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:

If I am not mistaken that means that you are missing a particular
library or that mod_jk2 was linked against the wrong sort type of lib. I've installed both mod_jk2 and tomcat 5.0 on RH9 without any problems
but I first removed httpd2, recompiled from source and installed.