Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,

JDK1.5.0beta seems to have an improved garbage collection tuning

built

Care to elaborate or provide a reference? Thanks,

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/relnotes/features.html#vm_selftune

Based on my own experience, doing various performance related tests with Tomcat 5, running under JDK1.5 I find it interesting to watch the size of the java application decrease, over time.

I don't set anything for the heap except -mx512M, so I can see how it performs.

When I run my unit tests inside of JProfiler I also can watch the total heap decrease, while the unit test is running.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    [EMAIL PROTECTED]