Tony,

Glad to hear you got it working. The things you did (clear cache, restart services, reenter configuration) often solve problems like this. Doesn't provide for a clean explanation of what was wrong, but that's a different story.

As for the escape chars, whether they should be escaped really depends on who's reading the value. I've never used the IIS plugin, so I have no idea what the behavior is -- an IIS user would have to chime in.

justin