From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 9:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: web.xml Welcome -file and for SSL

Hi Forte,
I am also having similar type of problem. When the user types
http://www.mysite.com it should first go to the default .html page (that is
using 80 port) that I have set in the welcome-file-list in web.xml file.
Its working fine. But once the user logs in from the home page, he should
then be redirected to https://www.mysite.com/Welcome.jsp (using 443 port).
See the port difference. I do not know where to set the redirection. or
should I hard code this settings in my .jsp file itself?

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Uma

             "Forte, Graham"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             03/16/2004 06:50          'Tomcat Users List'
             PM                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                                        cc

             Please respond to
               "Tomcat Users
                   List"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
              rta.apache.org>                                      Subject
                                       web.xml  Welcome -file and for SSL

Hello,
             I am wondering if it is possible to specify a Welcome-file for
an
https request. If I am using port 443 how can I configure Tomcat 4.1 so
that
when the user types in https://myIPAddress  or https://myDomainName they
will be directed to https://myIPAddress/myFirstPage.jsp.
Thanks, Graham

PS I have the web.xml Welcome-file setup with:
<welcome-file-list>
             <welcome-file>myFirstPage.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Will this accomplish what I need to accomplish, or do I need to add
something else.
I cant test this out right now because I have all ports blocked except
8443.
Thanks!!