Quoting Christian Cryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Jake!
>
> But this means everything you put in the session needs to be serializable,
> right?

Yep, a recommended best practice.  If you need to put something in the session
and it has data that isn't serializable, make it implement Serializable and
either make the member variable transient or use a static variable.

Consider another case where you are distributing sessions over multiple
appservers.  The data *must* be serializable in that case just as it must be
serializable to write it to the current server's disk upon server shutdown.  So,
the bottom line is, if it isn't serializable and you put it in the session, your
app is likely to not be compatible under certain conditions in certain environments.

> I don't think this impacts Barracuda (because I don't think its saving
> anything in the session - just creating the OR wrappers over the session),
> but we might want to check.
>
> Of course, we can continue that conversation on the bmvc list...

Sure.

later,

Jake