I'm a little confused regarding TC V4.1.29 Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector
attributes minProcessors and maxProcessors. Server config docs state
minProcessors == number of connection threads to start initially
and maxProcessors == the maximum number of connection threads that
the server will create.

This suggested to me that with minProcessors="1" and
maxProcessors="2", the server would allow 2 concurrent connections.

I tried the above values and found the server would handle 1
connection. Increasing to maxProcessors="3", 2 concurrent connections
were available, and so on.

Seems maximum_concurrent_connections=(maxProcessors - minProcessors),
a slightly different relationship than I gathered from the docs.

I was hoping someone could confirm this as normal, or is there maybe
a bug that I should perhaps watch for correction of later.

Additional minutia (to perhaps avoid adjacent questions ;-):

Deploying Tomcat Standalone on a variety of Unix platforms. Likely will
update to V4.1.30 shortly. Avoiding V5.0.x because a significant number
of the (older) target systems are stuck on JVM 1.2.2

Using TC for moving data / messages, servlets only, no web pages, JSP,
etc. Limiting concurrent connection count to relatively low numbers
due to resource constraints on many of these platforms.

Regards,

jblayer