Hi,
I think your testing, servlets, configuration is all fine.  The
maxProcessors-1 observation is something I've noticed in the past, but
as you say I don't think many people care because they deal with ~75
maxProcessors (the default value).

The second observation: two requests to the same servlet always handled
serially.  Tomcat normally creates one instance of a servlet for every
declaration in web.xml.  The exception is SingleThreadModel (deprecated,
don't use this) servlets.  There's no provision in tomcat to create more
instances as the load on the server increases (maybe there is such a
provision and I've missed it?).  Instead, the processing threads should
call the servlet methods in parallel.  I'm not sure why you're not
seeing this behavior, perhaps someone else could comment, as I have to
run to a meeting ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.