Hello All,

I'm a little confused about the creation of new sessions. I have a webapp running (Tomcat 5.0.19), and I can see from a SessionListener that the session is timed out - Session destroyed, all attributes removed. So far, so good. But when a subsequent request is made like the following excerpt from a JSP page:

<%= request.getSession(false)%>

I would have expected to get null as the response, instead I get a
non-null session object (e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and the SessionListener reports that a new session was indeed created at the time of the JSP request.

So, it seems to me that a session is always created when the getSession() method is called regardless of the boolean parameter.

Can someone clarify for me?

Thanks!

-- john

John Cartwright
Associate Scientist
Geospatial Data Services Group
CIRES, National Geophysical Data Center/NOAA
(303) 497-6284
[EMAIL PROTECTED]