Hi,

I'd like to have our Tomcat servers monitored, in order to get an alarm if one of them stops responding.

But they are not using HTTP at all. We are using the Coyote AJP connector because we have Apache in front of them, in a balanced configuration.

So I'd like to load a page directly using a simple AJP client integrated into our monitoring tool. Do you know of any AJP client which is easy to drive?

The only I know of is mod_jk(2), but I'm afraid that's overkill. Any ideas?

I've googled for an AJP client, but I came across nothing that seemed useful.

OTOH, I've been searching for something related to JMX monitoring. Again, the best I found involves access to the manager app. And I'd like to access it via AJP. So, we're back to the first problem. And it did not seem to me that the new JMeter tomcat monitor is any different.

Anything better than setting up an Apache server with one VirtualHost per Tomcat server, only for monitoring?

Thank you all very much.

Antonio Fiol