Ive being researching about mod_jk and as far as I can see, the mod_jk was made to work with apache 2 (even that it says that it works with 1.3).

Do I have to build mod_jk again if I use jk2????

I have read that jk1.3 would be better suited to apache 1.3...

What's the best connector to use with apache 1.3 and tomcat 5??

thanks

Randy Harrison wrote:

Galem,

Mod_jk and mod_jk2 are connectors between tomcat and a standard webserver(apache,
etc.). If you are going to use tomcat as a stanalone sever you don't
need to connect to apache.

Short answer = no.

Randy Harrison
Developer, eWatch Services
PR Newswire
612 243-0601 x1120
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Galam <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > cc: Subject: RE: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19 03/17/2004 04:59 PM Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

Shapira,

I have a question!

If I use Tomcat5 standalone in production, do I still need to configure the mod_jk ?
The mod_jk has been giving me too much troubles, and it would be
really great if it is not needed in standalone enviroment. Thanks!

Galam.

"Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi, Tomcat 5 can be used standalone to serve static content including images, yes. The same is true for tomcat 3 and 4 as well. People are using tomcat in production without a front-end server to handle static content, yes. Is there a drop in performance? Probably yes, but it depends on the static content, the traffic your site gets, the hardware and software configuration, and a host of other variables: frequently the drop in performance is better than the additional maintenance and setup costs of a separate front-end.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics