From: "Galam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 5:59 PM
Subject: RE: apache 1.3 tomcat 5.0.19

> Shapira,
>
> I have a question!
>
> If I use Tomcat5 standalone in production, do I still need to configure
the mod_jk ?  The mod_jk has been giving me too much troubles, and it would
be really great if it is not needed in standalone enviroment. Thanks!

> Galam.
>

> "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Tomcat 5 can be used standalone to serve static content including
> images, yes. The same is true for tomcat 3 and 4 as well. People are
> using tomcat in production without a front-end server to handle static
> content, yes. Is there a drop in performance? Probably yes, but it
> depends on the static content, the traffic your site gets, the hardware
> and software configuration, and a host of other variables: frequently
> the drop in performance is better than the additional maintenance and
> setup costs of a separate front-end.
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium Research Informatics

and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to
used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please
sender. Thank you.