Hi,

>> 3) setting -Xmx ,-Xss. (what is the default? I noticed in the
>catalina.sh,
>> there is no -Xmx ,-Xss)

Be careful between -Xss and -Xms.  The former is the thread stack size,
the latter is the heap minimum size.  Very few people/cases should tweak
-Xss.  What you most likely meant is -Xms.

>If you are using catalina.sh then you set the enviroment settings by
>exporting a system variable in the shell.

You can, and are encouraged, to NOT set env variables in the shell and
instead put them in the script itself.  Always try to minimize
environment dependencies.

>Default is 64M.

Default for -Xmx, maximum heap size, for JDK 1.4.2 is 64MB.  Other non
-Xmx switches can affect this, such as -server (in server mode the
default is different on the various platforms).  In JDK 1.5, many of
these defaults have been moved to 128MB.

The default for -Xms for JDK 1.4.2 is 2MB on most platforms.  Again,
various non -Xms switches can affect this.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.