I've never actually used a profiler before.  I keep meaning to I swear.
Its my next big venture.  I just figured out unit testing about 2 weeks ago.
We just never have time for that silly testing and profiling stuff at my
company.  I never actually wrote the filter either.  But I have one around
that I could use to at least do some testing.

I'll try this "profiling" and try to get the results back to the list.

Charlie

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
Did you profile the filter versus aspects?  Now that's a benchmark I'd
be really interested in.

To the original poster: assuming your filter is smart enough to check
the session for a "user is authenticated already" token, the /* mapping
is not that big a deal.  If you're re-authenticating every time, that's
terrible, and you should make your filter smarter.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics