On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Bo Xu wrote:

> Jason Novotny wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to access a servlet with the URL
> > http://localhost:8080/demo
> >
> > However, it only works if I go to
> > http://localhost:8080/demo/servlet/demo
> >
> >     I have the following in server.xml and web.xml respectively:
> >
> > <Context path="/demo"
> >                  docBase="webapps/demo"
> >                  crossContext="true"
> >                  debug="0"
> >                  reloadable="true"
> >                  trusted="false" >
> >         </Context>
> >
> > BTW, should I comment out or use the following in some way?
> > <RequestInterceptor
> >             className="org.apache.tomcat.request.InvokerInterceptor"
> >             debug="0" prefix="/servlet/" />
> >
> > My web.xml in webapps/demo/WEB_INF/web.xml has the following:
> >
> > <servlet>
> >       <servlet-name>demo</servlet-name>
> >       <servlet-class>org.demo.DemoServlet</servlet-class>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> > <servlet-mapping>
> >       <servlet-name>demo</servlet-name>
> >       <url-pattern>/demo</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> >
> > So I would like to be able to use <form action="/demo">  and have the
> > servlet invoked.
>
> Hi :-)  with jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1(standalone, JDK1.3, winnt40),
> I find:
[ ... ]

>From something Craig McLanahan wrote in response to someone trying to
do something similar to Jason (and myself), it sounds like this works
in Tomcat 4.0, but not in Tomcat 3.2 (which is what I'm using).
(Question to Jason: Are you using 3.2 or 4.0?)  Personally, I think
I'm stuck with 3.2 for the time being.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]