Another thing I don't understand. When I start up tomcat through the
services, and in task manager I show the VM Size column, I see that it is
about the same size as what I set in the command line:  -server -Xrs
-Xms356M -Xmx356M. And the crash usually occurs when Mem Usage column
approaches VM Size. VM Size never grows larger.

However when I ran tomcat under the profiler (OptimizeIt 6) with those same
options, my VM size grow much larger, it reached up to 1GB. Also I finally
saw the Mem Usage go up and down up to 800,000k and back down the 300,000k
that I noticed. And tomcat never crashed. So it must be a different setting,
but I don't see what. Although I did notice that in bat file that Optimize
It 6 created for me they had:

rem (Optional) Increase the GCOP value if you get some "GCOP buffer too
small"
rem errors with the Profiler (size is in Mb)
set GCOPSIZE=5
set JAVA_PARAMS=-DGCOPSIZE=%GCOPSIZE%

Anyone knows what that is? Can that be the fix to my problem?

Chanan Braunstein
Knovel Corp.
Web Development Manager
607-773-1840 x672