Hi.

I'm trying to generate PDF document directory from JSP using
itext library. I have an encoding problem.

I put pageEncoding and contentType attributes in page directive
as:

<%@ page contentType="application/pdf"%>
<%@ page pageEncoding="Shift_JIS"%>

Then tomcat (or jasper) translates them like:

response.setContentType("application/pdf;charset=Shift_JIS");

IE will not open AdobeReader, show download dialog instead.

If I do not specify pageEncoding, then the line above will be:

AdobeReader opens as I expect. But character is not encoded
correctory.

I wonder why "charset=Shift_JIS" is added to contentType string.
I want remove it from the contentType string, or remove whole
the line. I think I can specify contentType by

response.setCotentType("application/pdf");

This is my first message to this ML.
Thanks.
--
seiji takegata