Hi!

While browsing through the jsp cache I'd seen many out.write() for static strings in the Java files generated by Jasper. Infact every single HTML tag has its own out.write("<blah>\n"). Is there a way to tell Jasper to concatenate strings so that only one out.write() is generated? (one for every group of static strings)

AFAIK the javac and the jit compiler are both not allowed to optimize this. So this must somewhat hurt performance, right?

I did some search and read earlier posts in the tomcat-* lists but couldn't find any information about this. Have you any tips/URLs for me?

Thanks,
Folke