:I think previously I misunderstood you - now just for my understanding -
:I should create a selfsigned CA just for signing the server certificate
:and then import in the keystore the client certificates which are signed
:with the org's standard CA cert. And then the client browsers  should be
:made aware of this selfsigned CA in addition so that they can "verify"
:the server authenticity?

:Is that right? (it sounds actually logical to me :-))

At least, theoretically, it should work.
That's the basic idea of a trust hierarchy.

Give it a shot, and please report results back to the list.

I haven't pondered the long-term effects of maintaining two separate CAs
(there are ups and downs) but I'll leave that as an exercise for you. ;)

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com