Hi,
I'm having an annoying memory leak problem in tomcat5 on Redhat 9. The memory
gradually creeps up until the JVM runs out of memory. (I've been using JMeter to send
thousands of requests to tomcat)

Now, if I run the tests against tomcat by itself (via port 8080) it is fine and stable, the problem only occurs when I use port 80 to go via Apache.

After trying numerous different things, suspicion falls on mod_jk2. The docs on mod_jk2 are not very helpful. Some say that mod_jk2 is better than mod_jk and should be used in place of it, others say that mod_jk2 is not stable enough for production use yet and mod_jk should be used instead.

Also, we are using the JNI mode of communication for mod_jk2, rather than Unix sockets.

So, my questions are:
1) Which is safest - mod_jk or mod_jk2?
2) Are there docs which describe when/why you should JNI or Unix sockets (or any other
method), and what the advantages/disadvantages are?
3) Anybody got any other clues as to what could cause a leak like this? (I've searched
many tomcat mail archives but found nothing of use)

Cheers,
Adrian Barnett

--

"OK, Sam", sighed Frodo, "I've changed my mind. You can kill him now."