I was able to set up basic authentication through tomcat for a directory
my webapps/myapp directory contains file that are open for everyone
my webapps/myapp/admin directory contrains protected pages

When I use forms in the webapps/myapp directory, hitting the back button on the
browser(internet explorer) after submit saves the users data.

However, when I use a form in the webapps/myapp/admin directory, hitting back button
does not save anything.

I tried it with a very simple form
<form method=post action=test2.jsp>
<input type=text>
<input type=submit value=Go>
</form>

and it didn't work.

The form that I am using has a lot of drop down boxes (basic numbers which I created
functions with javascript). However, if the user hits submit and comes to a
confirmation page then they will have to go back to the form and they wont' be able
to, all the data will be lost... unless I create some kind of "back" button but not
sure how to handle that with the javascript population of the drop down since
javascript and jsp runs on client/server two different places.

Any solutions for this type of thing?
I opened a bug, but was pointed to another bug and asked to ask this on the group
emails

The other bug said to do this but I don't know where this stuff is suppose to go.
Should it be in the webapps/myapp/admin section???  Should I call it admin.xml ?
I tried:
<Context path="/admin" docBase="admin">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
disableProxyCaching="false" />
</Context>
 but that didn't seem to work at all..
Please help because.. I'm also a newbie so please don't speak to complicated..