On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 05:43:03PM -0400, Pleasant, Tracy wrote:
: The form that I am using has a lot of drop down boxes (basic numbers
: which I created functions with javascript). However, if the user hits
: submit and comes to a confirmation page then they will have to go back
: to the form and they wont' be able to, all the data will be lost...
: unless I create some kind of "back" button but not sure how to handle
: that with the javascript population of the drop down since javascript
: and jsp runs on client/server two different places.

Essentially, you're looking for a (browser-neutral) way to maintain form
input values between page clicks, especially for users clicking the
"back" button.  Is that correct?

If so:

1/ Use session variables to hold the data.

2/ The Struts framework does a lot of this for you, at the expense of
   the learning curve.  It's a toss-up between that, and designing your
   own framework for this purpose.

3/ This question isn't really a Tomcat issue.  A general Java (servlets,
   JSP) forum may have more answers for you.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com