Hi Yoav,

What the original poster meant is not that there is a race condition in Tomcat, but in his own web application.

Maybe we should try to point him into the direction of fixing the problem.

So there I go:

- When it "hangs", if on Unix/Linux, kill -QUIT your Tomcat process, and you will get some stack traces.
- Maybe they will tell you something. If they do, you're lucky. Otherwise, post them: maybe they will tell us something.

At least, you will see how many threads there are, and their state (e.g. waiting for a lock).

Good luck!

Antonio Fiol

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
I highly doubt you've stumbled on a race condition in the tomcat connector
implementation.  Nonetheless, if you can supply a small WAR that leads to the problem
you've described, we'll be glad to test it, and if your problem is reproducible rest
assured it will be fixed immediately, as that would be more important than the other
stuff currently open in bugzilla.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics