Yes, I am running the ajp connectors at 8009, the 8018 is where Tomcat is listening for HTTP requests instead of the default of 8080 I do have the entry you describe below
---Raymond

On May 7, 2004, at 3:59 AM, Shane Linley wrote:

From memory, Tomcat runs the default ajp13 connector off of port 8009 not
8080 which is the default HTTP connector port. You worker2.properties file
should specify to use port 8009 for your ajp13 connector and not 8018.

In your server.xml file look for an entry similar to:

    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" />

to see what port your ajp13 connector is listening on.

Regards,
Shane.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Blum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 7 May 2004 12:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Tomcat 5 JK2 and IIS 5

Hi I am struggling to get IIS 5.0 to pass off JSP and servlet context requests to tomcat 5.0.19 under Windows 2000. I have downloaded and installed what I believe to be a usable copy of isapi_redirector2,dll and have configured the virtual directory Jakarta under one of the web servers in my IIS server.

Tomcat is running at 8018, not 8080

I can get to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8018/servlet-examples/ just fine
I map /servlet-examples/* to tomcat in workers2.properties and then I
try the following
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/servlet-examples

which yields the response
The servlet container is temporary unavailable or being upgraded

(I have found that this message seems to come from mod_jk and it only
is received in response to one of my mapped server paths, so I assume
that the URI mapping is being successfully interpreted and that the
problem is in my Tomcat and/or workers configuration)

I portscan the machine at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and port 8009 is open so I
assume that tomcat is there and listening.

Any tips greatly appreciated!  I have searched the archives and googled
this a dozen ways.
---Raymond