It seems the problem is local to your web application.

Create a test JSP in your web app, and try accessing it.
If it isn't responding, maybe all the available Thread for your web app are used,
maybe you have a dead lock somewhere...

I think that the number of threads available is specific to your Connector :

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

try increasing it... (default is min=5 max=75)