From: Tim Funk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 3:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Second Try: Can anyone explain this?

It a 1.4 JVM thing (not 1.3)

Consider class Cowbell in package more.

file: Cowbell.java
--------------
package more;
import Fever
public class Cowbell {
}

Then consider a class called Fever without a package.
file: Fever.java
--------------
public class Fever {
}

Now try to compile them. The compiler will barf because it can't find

Fever

because its packageless.

$JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -d out/ Fever.java more/Cowbell.java

You should get:
more/Cowbell.java:3: '.' expected
import Fever;
           ^
1 error

-Tim

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.

Ditto.