On Jul 11, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Ty Mercer wrote:

Might be easy, but I looked over the archive and didn't see anything
requested like this before, so here goes.
[snip]
2) how do you authenticate to a Windows AD instead of OpenLDAP or some
other xnix variant, I've looked for modules and haven't found one that
works as of yet.

Not really much reason to do that, Windows AD is a reasonably capable LDAP server. (For certain values of the word "capable", anyway. It will certainly handle basic authentication.) Just point an LDAP authentication module at a server that has a domain controller role. Port 3268 rather than 389 is generally faster - it's the "global catalog" port and will answer queries from a pre-indexed lookup cache if the answer is available there - but 389 works too.

If you REALLY want native AD integration, you'll need to look at Samba 3.x and winbind (part of Samba 3.x). It's a mess to set up and I don't think I'd bother unless there's a strong reason to.

-Steve