I'm trying to understand how to configure admin.xml correctly so I can access the web and manager administration tool.

I'm trying to understand how the following doc applies to the admin.xml :

The administration and manager web applications, which are defined in the
$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/admin.xml and $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/manager.xml will
not run in that configuration, unless either:
- The path specified in the docBase attribute of the Context element is made
absolute, and replaced respectively by $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps/admin
and $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps/manager
- Copying and linking both web applications in $CATALINA_BASE, and modify
accordingly the path specified in the docBase attribute of the Context
element
- Disabling both web applications by removing $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/admin.xml
and $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/manager.xml

How do I correctly edit the admin.xml with regards to the "context element"?

What should this read: <Context path="/admin" docBase="../server/webapps/admin"
debug="0" privileged="true"> My tomcat installation is /usr/local/tomcat4

Mac OS 10.3

Thanks,

Samuel.