Hi,
Out of the box, you don't need to edit admin.xml or manager.xml.  You
just need to add a user with roles of admin and manager to the
tomcat-users.xml file and restart the server.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

I'm still having problems getting Admin Tool to work:

Here is my interpretation of editing tomcat-users.xml to get it to work.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="admin,manager"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>

What am I doing incorrect?

Thanks,

Samuel.