Thanks for your reply. Yes, there is no problem with Apache web server, using ServerAlias which supports wildcards. It all works fine until it encounters a .jsp file, then it's a no-go.

On 2004-08-02, at 18.18, Ruth, Brice wrote:

Not sure about Tomcat, but Apache should be able to handle this with a few well-written mod_rewrite entries.

J. Lindberg wrote:

Hey all.
I've searched the internet about this, but have come up empty handed, so I'll ask you guys;

Is it at all possible to use wildcards in host aliases? I have a host, say example.com. I would like all requests to anything.example.com to alias to example.com. I've already set up the DNS server to resolve hosts accordingly.

Cheers.
/J. L.

-- Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands Inc http://www.fiskarsbrands.com/