Yes it's configured to forward requests to tomcat, [uri:*.jsp]. The thing is, I have several virtual hosts on the server and I would like to keep them separate. I have had some issues using just one host on tomcat, namely; if you have two domain names and they both have a JSP page called page.jsp, then whichever domain who compiles this page first will have the other domain use the same compiled servlet!

I have used the host alias directive as found in the tomcat administration interface, it works superb on FQDN's, I just wish it would work as good using wildcards!

Tomcat docs on host aliases say nothing about wildcards, so I'm assuming it's not implemented. Would be nice to see a change in this policy. :)

On 2004-08-02, at 18.28, Ruth, Brice wrote:

Well, you should be able to use the mod_jk (or mod_jk2) module to hand off request to any JSPs to Tomcat ... and Tomcat can just be configured under a single host, so what the incoming hostname request looks like won't matter to it ... only the context its requesting.

Have you configured Apache to talk with Tomcat via JK?

J. Lindberg wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, there is no problem with Apache web server, using ServerAlias which supports wildcards. It all works fine until it encounters a .jsp file, then it's a no-go.