Harold Pritchett wrote:
OK, i gave up on the mod_jk version 1.2 connector.  I downloaded the
version 2 connector and built it with:

Thnaks to everyone here, I got it to work. I ended up downloading the mod_JK2 source, built it (after editing the makefile to add in all the missing libs) and installed it. Started tomcat and it started fine and built the unix socket file. Started httpd, and it could display the http://localhost/jkstatus page just fine, but barfed on localhost/examples. The "page not available" message. Poked around a bit and found that the httpd.conf file as distributed was starting with user and group equal to nobody. Fixed this to point to the actual user/group, and all is well.

That bit about the default user/group for apache httpd seems to have
escaped me.

Thanks again for all the help.  At some point, I'll post my complete
notes for putting this together.

Harold
--
Harold Pritchett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                +1.706.546.0692

   Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.