On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:04:38AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: I have checked that the database can be reached from the Linux server and
: it can, and I can connect to the database if I use a direct JSP database
: call. But the application will not establish a connection either to a local
: database or to a database hosted on another machine. I have tried pretty
: much everything I can think of and am now out of ideas so any
: ideas/pointers would be gratefully received.

Messages from the logs are helpful, especially stack traces.
Also, what's in your server.xml / context.xml?
-and how "direct" is the JSP call?  Do you specify the full JDBC URL, or
a JNDI resource name?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net