Hi

I am experiencing a bit of a tricky problem. I have an application developed under windows. The application talks to a MySQL database using connection pooling. The application works great hosted on Tomcat under Windows, but when it is placed on Linux the application cannot establish a connection to the database. Previously it has been able to connect under linux and no change has been made to the connection pool classes.

I have checked that the database can be reached from the Linux server and it can, and I can connect to the database if I use a direct JSP database call. But the application will not establish a connection either to a local database or to a database hosted on another machine. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of and am now out of ideas so any ideas/pointers would be gratefully received.

Tim Barrett
Education Technology Consultants