Hi

Background: Firstly I should state that I am running Tomcat 4.0.1 with JBoss
2.4.4, Sun JVM 1.3. In front of that, Apache 2 is running. All of this is
running on RedHat. Requests are passed through to Tomcat by proxy, using
rewrite rules. I know, I should be running a newer version of JBoss &
Tomcat, and should be using mod_jk, but haven't had the time to upgrade
quite yet.

The problem: Connections to webapps run on Tomcat via http are slow over the
internet. It appears that establishing a new connection (for page, images on
page etc) takes time - once established (seconds later) the data gets
transferred quickly. But, interestingly, connecting via https is fast. My
test server, when hit on a test intranet, is very quick to respond.

Any ideas? I have set enableLookups="false", for what that is worth.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Duncan