From: Duncan Houston [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 August 2004 23:28
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat and Apache by Proxy http connections slow but https
fast

OK, I made a mistake there (sorry). The issue does still seem to be that connecting to a webapp over SSL is faster than connecting to another webapp over non-SSL, both running in the same Tomcat (JBoss) instance and proxied behind Apache.

Any ideas why the SSL version would be fast and the normal (HTTP) version
not?