From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 12:23 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Where to put Listener & Realm instead of server.xml?

We're going to try out a third-party report generation tool, and the
installation instructions involve replacing server.xml.  They assume

they

will be the only webapp running, which is not the case here.

Can I put their changes somewhere else?

They need:
  <Listener className="..." descriptors="..." debug="0"/>
and also
  <Realm className="..." debug="99" />

I don't really want to edit my server.xml, since I don't need to for

any of

my own webapps. But I'm not sure if these tags can go in web.xml, or

if

not, I seem to remember maybe putting a file in the 'webapps' directory
which will get picked up.

Can someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

--
Wendy Smoak

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.