>You misunderstood my question: can you get a standalone Java class to
>execute within the chroot jail?

Good call :) I tried running java -version inside the chroot and it hangs
(ps shows [java <defunct>]).  When I run an strace on it in the jail, it
appears to hang after the following line:

open(".hotspot_compiler", O_RDONLY)     = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

Whereas when I run it outside the chroot jail (where it completes
successfully), I see the line above followed by several of these lines:

--- SIGRTMIN (Unknown signal 32) @ 0 (0) ---

I'm not sure what this means, but this appears to be where the problem is.

Any additional help would make you my hero :)

Thanks again,

Skyler Bingham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(602) 957-1650 x1139

             QM
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             net>                                                       To
                                       Tomcat Users List
             09/02/2004 03:33          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: tomcat5 using jsvc in a chroot
               "Tomcat Users           jail
                   List"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
              rta.apache.org>

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:05:23PM -0700,