This is what I do and would like to have feedbacks:

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;
import javax.naming.NamingException;
import javax.sql.DataSource;

public class DBConnection
{
   public static Connection getDBConnection() throws
SQLException
   {
      Connection conn = null;

      try
      {
         DataSource ds = ( DataSource ) ctx.lookup(
"java:comp/env/jdbc/MySQLDB" );

         try
         {
            conn = ds.getConnection();
         }
         catch( SQLException e )
         {
            System.out.println( "Open connection
failure: " + e.getMessage() );
         }
      }
      catch( NamingException nEx )
      {
         nEx.printStackTrace();
      }
      return conn;
   }
}

--- "Luke (Terry) Vanderfluit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>