man how do I get in on that deal. I could use more servers at home to
play with.

joking aside, my experience is consistent with Mladen's. my
recommendation as usual is to measure the performance of a given page
and know exactly how long it takes to process the page, get data and
so on.

once you have that, you should be able to predict the performance
fairly accurately.

having said that. it doesn't hurt to have more hardware :)

peter